September 27, 2014

SELFISH DRIVERS

I always dislike "selfish" drivers.

And by "selfish", I meant drivers who use their phones to SMS while driving, drivers who make illegal turns, drivers that beat the red light... ACTUALLY, ANY DRIVER THAT DO THINGS THAT ARE ILLEGAL THAT WILL NOT ONLY RISK THEIR LIVES BUT THE LIVES OF OTHERS.

Just on Sunday morning, I witnessed yet another accident just at the main road beside where I stay. There have been many accidents over the past few years that happened at night and this time while I was lying in bed and heard the loud "bang", I just know instantly that someone got hit again.

Last Sunday morning at around 1am, a van decided to do an illegal turn had a Mac'd delivery guy skid and knocked onto the right side or his van. Last year, 3am, there was another loud "bang" and I got up to find out a drunk driver had accidentally hit a guy and that guy died instantly. His parents were called and they came down crying at the scene shouting to their son "wake up, wake up!!".

The point of these isn't to tell you how many accidents have happened at the main road of where I stay or me trying to tell you how many accidents I've witnessed because there were many more just than just these 2- I was almost hit a few times too.
Nor am I trying to say that changes should be made to the main road near where I stay; because really, there's nothing wrong with that particular main road where many accidents have taken place over the past few years. But what's really wrong is how the accidents happened. NOT because of the way the road is designed/made but what the drivers were did that caused the accident.

Because many times, if not, MOST OF THE TIME,
the lives that are being risked isn't the drivers themselves but the lives of those who aren't driving illegally/aren't driving.

Many times out of all the times when the people who are killed because of drunk driving aren't the drivers themselves but those who weren't drinking. Many times people were killed because an irresponsible driver decides to use his/or her phone while driving instead on concentrating on the road.

So please people, let's not be selfish and drive safely.
Because the lives of others are in your hands too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CHARMMAN
kiss on you!