August 18, 2012

7th Month

The "scariest" period of the year is here again.

WHICH
IS
THE 
7TH MONTH!




I remember having to do a presentation in sec1 for CME on festivals and my team was chosen to the 7th month. 
After my presentation, Mr Seow (my sec1 form teacher) asked me "so what is 7th month"
and my reply was "a vacation for the ghost..." before I finished what I wanted to say, my whole class busted out laughing.

Initially, I thought my classmates had a reason for laughing because what I've said is really stupid.

But as this year's 7th Month approaches, I started questioning myself and my doubts.
Very funny meh?
Isn't that so? 
The 7th month is when all the ghost are being "set-free" to come out and roam about what. 
Am I wrong to say that? If you're being "set-free" for a period of time, it would be called a break and since it's a break, it means it's holiday!!


Which comes to my next question.
Why are they locked up then?

Let's say if they are being locked up in hell or wherever for the rest of the year because they are dangerous and would do harm, why would they even be let out for a month?

Because the "guards" or whatever the term you call the people who are in charge of them wanted to give them some chance to break free and take revenge?
(And if that's so, why would people have the black and white people catch them back? Since they were given a chance to break free, why they break free already you still catch them? Must well don't give chance?)
So can I come to a conclusion that as long as they are allowed to come out for a month means they are already no longer harmless?


Don't get me wrong here, I do believe in the existence of spirits.
What I don't get and find it ridiculous is how people believe that they only come out at certain period of the year?!?!

Who told you that ghost only come out at night and aren't around in the day.
Who told you that they only come out during the 7th month?

Even when it isn't 7th month I see people calling those taoist dresses in the black and white to do rituals. So it only proves that they don't only come out in the 7th month.


As said, during the 7th month, hungry ghosts from hell roam the world freely as wandering spirits.

But can I question the fact that ghost from hell are being punished? So if they are being punished, why is it that they have the privilege to take a vacation up here in the living world?



Take a chill pill people.
Unless you do not respect them and create elaborate honoring celebration to look for them, they wouldn't do anything to you. After all, they would probably be busy looking for pieces of notes on the ground instead of using their limited time here trying to scare people -.-

Since hell notes are needed, I'm sure money is needed to survive there as well. So they would probably rather spend time up here opening business than play around ok.

And if the 18 level of hell thing is true, they probably would be up looking for food as they have been starving for the rest of the year.

As the name goes, HUNGRY GHOST FESTIVAL.
It means they are hungry! They come out to look for food! Not human beings.

But if hell is a place for intense suffering, I supposed cars, houses etc would not be needed?
And the truth is, if they have to suffer in hell, I don't get how they have the ability and energy to play tricks on human beings.

Btw, if you didn't notice, it's like almost even year that the chinese priest would say "this year's 7th month is going to be very fierce" I heard that many times already. How to take it seriously.

You can take a look at my other post about 7th month as well. lol
http://chharmanchh.blogspot.sg/search?q=7th+month

Anyway, to chinese who are strong believer in this, good luck and I wish you safety!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHARMMAN
kiss on you!