January 27, 2013

HOT PINK SLIPPERS AND MOTIVATION


Looking at the amount of pictures I've taken of my hot pink cotton on slippers, it's not hard to guess that  it is my favorite slippers of all time.

I've been taking pictures of it whenever I go out and I honestly love it so so much. It's been with me for 2-3yrs now and even though I loved it, this pair of slippers were the main cause of the many times I fell. (Not that I don't fall even when I'm in other shoes. But still, most of the times I fell were when I was in this pair of slippers)



My slippers were already very used and dirty but I didn't mind it at all till the day my mum decided to take things into her own hands and threw my slippers out of the house thinking that I would be totally fine with it. My slippers became realllll dirty and gross (God knows what happened to it when it was left outside my house) and I finally decided to stop wearing it. (Mum's victory)



My mum never liked the fact that the slippers weren't made of rubber. Especially because it doesn't give a better friction than a rubber slippers and being me who doesn't seem to have very good balancing skills, I worry my parents esp my mum most of the time because the many times I fell, almost cost me my life. YES, MY LIFE.
NOT ONLY THAT, my mum doesn't own any slippers because she believes that slippers should only be worn to the beach and she stands firm that attire is always important and slippers should NEVER be part of an attire even if I'm just going to a neighborhood mall. (Whatever, heck it! I'm in Singapore)

This week, she finally decided to get me my slippers because I've been complaining the past 3 weeks that I do not have any slippers to put on and I would not leave home to my grandma's place, void decks, near by food courts till she gets me my slippers. 


She first got me Neckermann then decided to get me IPanemma just so I would be contented and not run back to get the hot pink slippers from Cotton On again.

My mum used to get my brothers and I birks and Neckermann when we were really young. And I remember how much I abhor putting it on because the edge of the slippers were so damn hard and when my feet touches the edge of the slippers, it hurts so much and I would always kick the slippers off my feet because I really disliked them so much,

No idea why she still got me for them this time round knowing that I really dislike them. Anyway, knowing that I would probably ditch the Neckermann slippers to get my Cotton On because I honestly would prefer flip flops more than Birks, Neckermann because I never liked them and also because I preferred flip flops where I can just use my two toes to "grip" the slippers, she decided to get me Ipanemma to make sure I was satisfied. Hell, they are the ugliest pair of slippers ever. Though I won't deny they have more friction, I don't like the color and rubber slippers are so damn heavy!?!?!? Mum said I'm just not used to it yet. So we'll see how it goes.




Couldn't she get Hiavannas for me instead. She's been asking me to ditch Cotton On for Hiavannas for such a long time because Hiavannas are obviously from a better quality but she didn't. URGHJKSFKH. PLUS, Hiavannas have more variety of colors!!!

Guess I'll just make do and see how things go.


Just on Saturday night I was chatting with Zy and got so motivated to start on building my portfolio! But I realized, somehow no matter how motivated I am, I wouldn't be able to pull through with actions when I'm faced with challenges.

I was so exited to start doing my portfolio and started researching on stuffs about PR and advertising and how the portfolios should look like. Didn't find anything so I gave up.

WHY AM I LIKE THAT!! WHY WHY WHY!! ):






I'm still not defeated yet. I just need time to figure things out.
BYE! :)


P/s. I honestly think the flip flops are too big for me and my mum got the wrong size. But she keeps insisting that I'm thinking too much!?!? THE FLIP FLOPS ARE SO HEAVY!! I now would rather be in Neckermann than flip flops!!

P/s/s. After finishing the above statement, I suddenly have an enlightenment that maybe she purposely bought be rubber flip flops and knew I wouldn't like them so I would ditch them for Neckermann which is the slippers she's been trying to get my brothers and I to put on since young. SOUNDS LEDGIT RIGHT!?!?








No comments:

Post a Comment

CHARMMAN
kiss on you!