September 11, 2012

ST REGIS STAYCAY

As mentioned on my previous blogpost, my mum booked a 3D2N stay over at St. Regis!! And their suites and services were really good! Worthy of being a 6 star hotel! -No idea why they state that it's only a 4.1 star on their website though. As far as I know, it is impossible to be 4.1 star as St Regis is better than Swiss Hotel (WAS one of my fav hotel before I stayed here) compared to St. Regis.

On Friday, we arrived at the hotel lobby, late for the high tea my mother booked...







So we quickly made our way to the desk and check in then up to the hotel to place my bag.
Just a quick photo of the lift. YES. OMG!!


Once we reached the level of our suite, we were greeted by our friendly Bulter, Wilber. Was really excited that we had a butler. And what made like the whole service more was that he actually knew the name of the guests who are coming up and all. He wanted to show us our room and it's features but we told him to save it for later because we were late for our high tea...

If you were wondering why the rush, it was because we have already made an appointment and the high tea ends at 6pm PLUS


The high tea cost is $74++ PER PERSON.
Yes, your eyes didn't play any trick on you.

It is, $74+ per person.
And my mum made a terrible mistake for coming with us to high tea after having a heavy lunch because all she had was tea and a pie as she was too full but still had to pay $74++ for the high tea. Money fly away...











Mum ordered her usual Earl Grey while I had Golden Rose tea and my brother had napoleon tea.
Yes, we all had our individual tea pots just like in the palace :P





 Sea food pie.




















Enjoyed the whole tea experience with the life band, and really relaxing and enjoying my tea except for the fact that my bro and I felt terrible at the end as we were too full to go for dinner.

Headed back up to my parents' suite while my mum goes and meet her friend over at the bar which offers better food...
-.- Srsly mum. YOU JUST WATED $74.










My brother and I went into the suite and we were like "oh, okay... not bad" UNTIL








We turned to look at the toilet


This is the nicest and the most beautiful, luxurious, amazing toilet I've been to so far in Singapore!! Really love the toilet so much I told my brother I don't mind sleeping in it. LOL



 Oh, And the whole room is controlled by this.

Anyway, back to the toilet because my brother and I really couldn't get over it.






You see that black box there?? In case you still couldn't tell, I'll tell you what it is just in a little while!




See the reflection of my brother behind me? My brother isn't one who gets WOWED easily. But truly, this toilet managed to amaze him, he also stated to take out his phone to start snapping pictures of the toilet! Never seen my brother like this before. HAHAHA.







And so, if you were wondering what the black box is, I've switched it on for you!



It's a tv!!!!!!!!!!!! Excited and really in love with the whole toilet, my brother and I started snapping photos of it again.

Picture of me on the bed looking awful but I don't care because I'm too happy. IF YOU ASK ME, YES I LOVED THE SUITE THOUGH IT IS THE LOWEST OF ALL THE SUITES IN ST REGIS.















 Also, really very thoughtful and provided the iPhone/iPod charger/speaker for iPhone users.






OH! I loved the shower room! It has got a full length mirror in it which was another plus point!
Not that I like looking at my own naked body while showering but just makes the whole showering experience better. Like you feel safer and makes it more luxurious? HAHAHA.

Loved the shower head and everything too!















lol... too enthu.




OH! And if you were wondering what's those small black things at every corner or the room on the ceiling and above the tv,


It's actually the surround sound system. If you haven't heard of it, BOSE, it the brand of the system and everything and according to my brother, it's really expensive.
PLUS POINT! For having one of the best sound systems!







 Really got no idea what I was doing. Too happy I guess. LOL










The following day, went for my duty for SNG and returned to my suite with my brother.
Here's the photo of the suite.




The toilet was a little smaller and without the walk in closet.















Daddy bought lao ban bean curd for us and left it in our suite so we showered and chilled a little while waiting for our youngest brother to come back from his competition.








Couldn't get over the toilet...





Really liked the shower head as there is a front spray, rain shower and also, the detachable one.
Unlike the ones we use at home in which if we want to have the rain shower, we have to attack it the the handle and push it to the top. Which sometimes, is the wrong angle or doesn't really stays there and drops.

So instead of having to do so much work and all, I get to enjoy my time in the shower just by turning the tap to different direction.






 My younger brother came back after that and I went down to get some supper.


 Random photo of Domo eating my blackberry.


The view from our suite.




 We were able to see the black and white houses


The chamber maid was also really attentive. She noticed the number of people we have in our suite and added toothbrush, bedroom slippers and other necessity in our suite.

Then on Sunday, my parents sent my brother off to his competition, my brother and I headed down to enjoy our breakfast.

With that $50 breakfast for each person, I gained like 6kg right after it. NO JOKE, I WAS ALSO SHOCKED THAT I GAINED SO MUCH IMMEDIATELY AFTER MY BREAKFAST. I'm damn sure it's not the weighing scale that is spoiled.
Sad.



















 Service was prompt and had a good breakfast though :)

Headed back to the suite and went for spa after that. Loved the place but I didn't take photos as it wasn't very appropriate.

Checked out earlier as we had to rush to CSC to watch my brother's prize award ceremony.

Overall, I really loved the place but felt that my family wasted the whole stay cation as we had to go out everyday for competition, school stuffs and all. The only time when we returned to the chalet was at night for sleep.

Didn't manage to fully enjoy the stay as I had to rush here and there throughout the 3 days. And Sunday was the only day where I'd managed to use one of the facilities (SPA) but only for an hr.

Still, I loved it and would really want to return soon!! :D




No comments:

Post a Comment

CHARMMAN
kiss on you!