February 8, 2014

Old Songs

Last minute decision to head to Attica last night and so, I left my bag in Joanne's car and haven't got it back. Today, my brother kindly lent me his old iPhone so that I can use it as a mp3 on my way to work.
I'm not someone who listens to pop music. I rarely do. So I was listening to all the old pop songs in my brother's old phone and these were the few songs in which out of the rest of the songs, I recognise... And left me feeling a little depressed.

Daughtry- No surprise
Jesse McCartney- Told you so

It's weird how old songs can bring back so much memories and feelings. These songs were songs I listened to in sec3, when I was at the lowest point of my life. -Clarence was the one who introduced them to me. These were the songs in which I deleted from my phone and laptop once I was out of that phrase of my life. Because I didn't want to "dwell" in the past. In the state when I was depressed.
4years have passed and it's almost 5years now. I haven't heard any of the songs since then.
But no matter how long it is, songs no matter how old, would bring you back to how you were feeling at the point of time. The memories etc

How I was depressed, how Clarence was always there for me. How Clarence and Minjiang bought food for me bcuz I wasn't eating and I ended up shouting at them. How I kept going back and fourth because I couldn't let go. How I used to cry in school daily; that crying in class already become a norm for my friends to see. And yet, despite that, they never stopped trying to find different ways and methods to make me smile. How I used to cry myself to sleep. How all the teachers in school cared for me because they saw a huge change in me. And how Mr Ethan Wong once called me to his desk during class and asked "are you happy?" in chinese.

I'm so glad I'm out of that stage.
And I'm glad even though listening to these songs do take me back to feeling how I was feeling back then, I know I'll be fine after awhile -I hope so.
I never want to go back there.

Next song on playlist: Cry on my shoulder
(Another song that brings back memories…)

Sent via BlackBerry from SingTel!







No comments:

Post a Comment

CHARMMAN
kiss on you!