January 18, 2012

Resolutions

I have never in my life set resolutions before because I didn't see any purpose in setting some goals to reach (Make sense right). -After all, by setting it doesn't mean we will do anything to accomplish it.

But this year, I decided to try it out.

I only realized 2 months before O levels (which was last year), the importance of having goals.
I think having some kinda goals you wanna reach is really important. TRUST ME ON THAT. 


Even for the most basic thing like putting your goals down is already an important step. 
By doing that, it at least shows you that you have something you wanna do in life, that you wanna accomplish and yeah, you're not actually being useless.
*(Whether you do it or not is another question. At least it just proves that you have things you wanna do in life)


I don't know about you guys but this little step tells me something pretty big. 
That I am actually living my life.


Looking back at how I spent 17th years of my life, 5 years of my life in Swiss without any aim, I feel really dead. It's like I'm actually alive but not living.

I really didn't have any goals AT ALL. I was only going through the cycle of life, aimlessly.

Benefits from it? -I didn't have to go through the disappointments of not reaching my goals I guess. Since there was nothing to reach anyway. So whatever results I get etc I really felt happy. Like "OH! I just passed? OK LAH! NOT BAD!! ^^"
And my reaction to my grades was always "我没有 fail 到很惨, 我还好而已!"
http://chharmanchh.blogspot.com/2009/10/penutbutterbiscuits.html

Which actually isn't "hai hao" only -_-
IS F9 FOR EVERYTHING EXCEPT ENGLISH "HAIHAO" ONLY?!?!?!?!?!?!
(Lol. Realized I was really retarded and funny)


2 months before O levels, I had a few things I wanna achieve. I finally worked hard towards something in my life. I wanted to pass science because I used to love science A LOT. Really A LOT. (I can prove it to you by showing you my report book! My teachers always say that I am attentive during science). And I also wanted to get into my dream course.

Well, when I received my results, I felt really happy yet sad at the same time. Happy because I've gotten from F9 to B4 for my sciences just by working real hard for 2 weeks. But sad because I couldn't get into the course I wanted. My result was basically crap. As usual, I wasn't upset about my results. "HAI HAO ER YI!!" I was just disappointed I couldn't achieve one of my goals.

There was really this ache in my heart. Sad but at least I felt alive for once. Like I am finally living for something.


Then again, setting goals is one thing. Accomplishing it is another.
By setting goals. Just that little action, you've actually taken a major big step out.
What's next is the accomplishing part. Which is a little more difficult.

But I guess if it's something we really want to achieve we will try?

So this year, I shall try.


No, there is no "try". I shall do.

"It isn’t what you did in the past that will affect the present. It’s what you do in the present that will redeem the past and thereby change the future."
Paulo Coelho

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHARMMAN
kiss on you!