April 11, 2010

ONE VOICE, ONE SOUND, SWISSWINDS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuPR41Ab_34
so sad, I don't have our very own, Chleo's version.
If not, I bet people will cry.




ok, so yesterday was Affirmation which also means it was "officially" our last performance and also our last band practice.
We all teared except a few, but I guess all our heart aches. May not want to admit it for some of us, may not be so much, but all of us did.




we came in as sec1s together, gone through a lot, and there, we passed out together.

I guess together, we've learnt a lot too.
Like learning how to communicate, to work as a team, to encourage and care for one another, to teach our juniors, learn from our seniors, to not give up, to think before making choices, to think like adults, work like adults and also, each and everyone of us makes a difference.

So, I was in sec1 when I entered band, then there, I started to know every single one of you. And I remembered how Derry used to reprimand me every single time we did drills because I was so hyper, I just could not stand still.
Neither did most of us, even me, myself thought that I will make it to become a librarian followed by being a Chief librarian.
(ok, maybe the post as a Chief wasn't really for me but Bojiang would be Chief instead if he hadn't become our band major)

but nevertheless, I still made it as a Chief.
Thanks to those who believed in me.

I guess, our batch went through a lot TOGETHER AS A TEAM.
Especially our last one year.

We cried so much knowing th fact that we've disappointed our seniors and also, we were disappointed in ourselves.
We wanted to give up as much as the truth hurt us.
But, I'm glad, each time we said that we won't want to go back to band to take those shits, we did >:)
And we've always asked ourselves why. And the fact is, because we loved the band as much as Mr Chew, and we didn't want to see it die.

Each time one of us got "shot" by Mr Chew in th band, no matter how bad it was, how much face we've lost, we still went back.
And we pulled it through.

now, it's for our juniors to continue what we and the previous batches have built and not to let us down.
(ok, and I am very very jealous that they're gonna perform for this national day)
>): I ALSO WANT!

Yesterday will be part of my memories, and every single moment will be remembered.

HEY DEAREST JUNIORS, I hope you'll continue serving band well alright! Put in your best and always keep the band going. Don't let us down. Thanks so much for brightening up my life! Always looking for me, trusting in me and telling my problems, being my listening ear, having lunch with me, shouting out my name and waving to me when you guys see me. HAHA. Every single one of you made such a huge impact in my lfe and I will miss every single one of you so dearly! Listen to Mr Chew as well as the leaders. Always remember to work as a team. Every single one of you plays an important part in the band. Whether with post or not, each and everyone of you are still important. So don't ever walk out on the band or even give up on yourself.

MR CHEW AND MRS CHEW, I'm not sure if you will see this, but what I know is that you do visit theo's and my blog. Thank you for believing in me, for having faith in me that I am able to handle the library well. I may not be the best Chief, but thank you for always giving me chances even when I sometimes I might screw up on the scores. Also, thank you for guiding each and everyone of us, and caring for each and everyone of us together with Mrs Chew. Thank you for your unfailing love.

AND THE ALUMNI!
Swiss winds has finally gotten our Alumni, it may not be a complete one yet but thank you seniors, for not giving up on us and also, taking out time to come back and help us get th band back into shape. Because of you, swiss winds is back up again.We've let you down but you guys have never gave up on us, thanks for always rescuing us when we need help.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST, MY BATCH MATES!
Gosh, we've gone through so much together, but I am proud to say that, we've made it through as a team! And for the very first time, we didn't have to see teary faces and quarrel on our Annual General Meeting :D
I LIKE THAT FACT! Though some times we may disagree with one another, but things always turn out right. HAHA. Now, we won't have anymore sleepless nights, calling each other till 12 midnight thinking of a solution or waking up early in the morning for meetings. (Opps?! Except for minjiang!) HAHAH! But whatever it is, we've finished this race together. YAYAYYYY!

ok, i miss swiss winds.
Now I know that I'm not really part of it anymore.
sadsadsad.
And I want to keep uniforms! ):


A little something that I've learnt in my past 4 years serving in swisswinds: What seniors really want is not pretty presents or surprises. But to know that their juniors will miss them. Because thats when they'll really know that they've made an impact in their juniors' life.




No comments:

Post a Comment

CHARMMAN
kiss on you!