February 18, 2010

SINGAPORE COMMAND BAND SWISS WINDS

I BET some of you (those not in my school) will always wonder why am I wearing NCC uniform when I'm in band when you see my photos posted up in my blog.
Example:


RIGHTRIGHTRIGHT?
:D


Please say yes!


HAHAH! OK! SO LET ME GIVE YOU A BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE BAND!
(BTW, Even if it's a no, I'm still telling youuuuuuuuuuuuu)

Swisswinds was formed in 1967,  is a composite unit dedicated to delievering uncompromising quality of music through the channels of a parade band, a concert band and our herald trumpets fanfare team.

-
We do parades as well as concert. In a way, we're something like the SAF band but the difference is our age, we're only secondary school people, and that, we do parades for SJAB, NCC etc where else, SAF only comes out for us to watch and see them during National Day. Other than that, they do Parades for the SAF and army which are like private ceremony? AND WE CANNOT SEE THEM ):

uhmm, I said this on the I THINK basis. Which means, it might not be true.
So before you click on my comment box and start typing nonsensical about me making up stories or whatever, please stick your eyes to the computer because I said, I THINK.



The Swiss Winds has, in the past 42 years, seen active service in the life of Singapore, performing for many cultural, community and national events, including the state National Day celebrations, entertaining the public at the Istana and our various parks and various musical events such as Sentosa’s Fountain of the Youth series and the SYF Band Fiesta, just to name a few

I don't have the photo of us with the President.
):



In 1999, under the guidance of then Principal Mr Gan Chee Hau and Chairman of the NCC Council Dr Arthur Beng, Swiss Winds comenced a new chapter of musical partnership with the Singapore National Cadet Corps. This relationship has provided a wider horizon of active service for the Band and has seen the Swiss Winds NCC Command Band increase its presence on the national level through supporting various military occasions that include the Teacher-Officer Cadet Commissioning Parades, Officer Cadet Passing Out Parades, Dining-ins, Buglers for the annual Remembrance Day services, Affirmation Ceremonies and Anniversary Dinners.

ok, introduction is boring.
SO, LETS JUST GET STRAIGHT TO THE POINT!


SWISS SERENADE 2010!!!!!!
ok, Swiss serenade is a once in a two years thing so you should catch it this year and not wait 2 years later.
WHYYYYYYY?
Because it's too long to wait.
and that, that'll be my official pass out day as well as the rest of the sec4s!


awwwwww):

anyway, a band that get's to wear no.1, (not every normal human being can get to wear no.1 ok! not even when you're in th army). And a secondary school band that get's to performance at so many events! We even performed at Istana.
WOAH. WE MUST BE SUPER GOOD RIGHT! OMG, SELF PRAISE?!
let me show you a video!

Swiss Winds Corporate Video

Ok, actually, I mean let me ask you to go and watch a video!

and I remember posting this about swiss winds!
http://chharmanchh.blogspot.com/2008/09/im-too-busy-to-post.html

SOSOSOSOSOSSO?
YOU SHOULD COME AND JOIN US DURING SERENADE!
If you haven't read th link to my another post, you a should-.-

Contact me at charman--@hotmail.com for more information or to purchase the tickets!
BTW, this is not my msn account. So I would appreciate if you stop spamming friend request to me through that email because that's not my msn account and it's irritating.

P/s. I hope that the few girl I met who reads my blog will come! :D
P/s/s. I've took some photos of my "models" for the booklet and if you want to see my photography skills, you should come! And then, you might see them! lol.


THIS IS ONE OF THEM!

ok, I'm sick, I can't think properly. Just come ok! bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHARMMAN
kiss on you!